No, it’s not done yet. But it is going through a final round of editing, and I hope to have something ready by … hrm, let’s call it the end of September.
This is a semi-major update to the published rules, bringing things fully in line with 3.5. The first release is going to be an imageless (thus small) version of the document, which we'll want feedback on. A later release will be fully laid out and chock-full of pretty pictures.
Major changes: Check out your 3.5 conversion guides for the standard changes. For things somewhat less directly related to that, we've cleaned up the equipment chapter, spells have undergone much review and updating, a couple races (notably the half-elf) have recieved tweaks, and the Gladiator class has been rewritten. There are also a handful of new feats, powers and spells to glance over.
Things are moving along on the 3.5 update for DS3. I’ve been playing with a different layout, and there have been several updates to a few races. Feats and skills are modified and nearly ready, and a revised Gladiator class will be put out.
Just about all that’s left to do on this front is to clean up the rest of the spells / powers chapter…
City State of Draj and its companion adventure, Whispers of the Storm, are now available. Like City State of Tyr and Ivory Triangle, City State of Draj aims to give greater depth and life to one of the cities of the Tablelands.
Well, just about. We're waiting until we get updated with the 3.5 material to really declare the project done, but most of the rules are in place and aren't going to change, at the broad level. Once we get the intro chapter, credits page and 3.5 update into the document, it'll be done. Until then, it's mostly just the usable rules.
The final release will also have a smaller, graphic free version available.
Tyrian Conspiracy has been updated. Changes include:
- Incorporates the latest DS3 rules add-ons and corrections.
- New, faster mekillots improve travel time between Tyr and Urik!
- It's been 3 months since the last update, which in and by itself requires a new update!
Terrors of the Dead Lands has been updated to version 1.2. Changes include:
- Monster entries conform with MM2
- AC entries updated with touch and flat-footed
- OGC text highlighted
- minor fixes: errors, etc.
Grummore has posted a small article on his website detailing slave costs.
A Magic Revision (proposed) is posted under the articles section. Look it over, review the system. Play a game with it. Play a couple of games with it. Then give us some feedback on it.
Some design constraints we are working under:
- Wizards are a single class.
- Simplicity. It shouldn't slow down the game just to cast a spell.
- 3e Consistancy. Preservers should not be weaker than core wizards. Defilers should not (for free) be unbalancingly more powerful than core wizards. You ought to be able to use the system on worlds other than Athas.
A couple of of new pages have gone up in the Links page. One with 3E content (Jeremehovah’s Warzone) and the other for Neverwinter Nights Dark Sun mod (Dark Sun Online).
Just uploaded some new updates to the Magic and Powers documents. Mostly some clarifications and fixes.
- added legs of a thri-kreen, and edited lesser legs of a thri-kreen to reflect the existance of the other power. Clarified specifics of their bonus types and stacking.
- Cleaned up some old, innacurate example text.
- Added scaling examples
- Altered the list of scalable powers