Wizards of the Coast has
allowed Baldman Games to distribute their Ashes of Athas convention games to the non-convention crowd. You’ll be able to sign up to receive the chapters over at Baldman’s site.
[update: the forum page has gone offline; to request a copy of the adventure, send an email to
Some important information from their announcements page:
- No one (not even us) can host the adventure files anywhere.
- Only the admins and Baldman Games can provide adventures.
- When you e-mail us (or send us a message via these forums), we will send you adventures, one chapter at a time.
- When contacting us, please include your e-mail so we can send you the files and the chapter(s) you need.
- You can run those adventures, or if you are a convention organizer, you can provide them to your DMs for use at the convention.
- You cannot otherwise redistribute or share or post the files anywhere. If you do, this will likely result in Ashes of Athas distribution being closed down!
- Adventures you received from us can be run anywhere you please (home play, stores, conventions, desert caravans...). You can run them multiple times - whenever you please.
- When you request adventures we will provide a link to pregens, maps, and campaign rules.
I suspect that, by having everyone request directly from the source, Wizards is looking to easily gauge the interest in the game; this is a good thing.
Baldman Games, who produce the shared-play Ashes of Athas campaign, are holding a contest for the best level 6 pregens. The deadline for submissions is on January 12th.
Ashes of Athas chapter 2 is available for non-convention play.
Ashes of Athas is proud to announce that we are expanding play opportunities for our popular Living style Dark Sun Campaign to events outside of larger conventions.
What does that mean to you? It means that if you cannot make all the large shows that AoA premieres at you can still keep up with the storyline and friends until the next time you can. New Chapters for the campaign will still premiere at larger shows around the world but a few months after will be released for games run at local store or even your basement (just not your mom's basement - do not ruin our geek street cred please).
Order your copy here.
The living campaign Ashes of Athas is expanding it’s play base beyond the larger conventions. They have a signup page where you can request a copy of the adventures to run in registered play at your local gaming store, or even with your usual gaming group.
More info and a signup form here.
Got the following broadcast from an old friend on the DS Mailing List, Teos. Figured I’d repost it here:
Fans of Dark Sun should check out the Ashes of Athas shared campaign that will be starting at the D&D XP convention January 27-30, 2011.
You can learn more here: http://www.baldmangames.com/aoamain (the page will be
updated as we get closer to the convention).
All the best, and I hope to see many of you at D&D XP!